We all get stuck in a rut every now and then and it’s easy to think that we are the only ones currently without inspiration, well guess what friends? I’m here to tell you that’s just not true!
So if you find yourself in a writing slump you can have some of my inspiration, here are some unconventional prompts to see you through –
- What if trees could speak but they only spoke once you got their name right? Maybe someone stumbled upon a big book of names for trees?
- “So, tell me again how you came to have that mans wig in your handbag?”
- The lady screamed blue murder, like, the words blue and murder. Why?
- Write about a conversation between 2 brothers that just found out their childhood hero wasn’t really a very nice guy
- Tell me about the one that got away, not a person, something else, dog? Car? Burger? Let your imagination run wild
- Using the lyrics of your favourite song, rewrite them so they are about a guinea pig
- Tell me why that inanimate object to your left is your best friend?
- The soiled paper lay floating in a puddle, that was all that remained of that fateful day
- Write a book review of a book you read at school
- Start a story at 13 and work backwards, end the story with -4
So there you go my lovelies, sink your teeth into these bad boys!
See you soon….