I know this is pretty much a flooded market with writing prompts everywhere you look, but I believe it is always nice to have someone else’s prompts to try. We all have different ideas and styles, it might even spark something you didn’t know you had inside you!
So here you go, 10 prompts for you to do what you want with!
- You are in a dark room, its cold and all you can hear is a ticking clock. What happens when the light goes on?
- What if all the colours in the rainbow had different smells? They all smell great individually, but when combined they smell awful. Tell me about it.
- Your character (one you will create) thinks they can talk to animals. They cant. (insert eye roll)
- Write about your favourite flavour, without stating what it is, ask someone to see if they can guess your chosen flavour.
- Shark-nado, lover or hater? Discuss! (I am personally a lover of all ridiculous movies!)
- Write a letter to your childhood self, not one of those self help ones. No, this is one where you are telling your younger self off for something you did but were never caught for.
- Write about language. Any language, written, spoken, made up, widely used, any language what so ever. What do you like about it? Why?
- Write a diary entry for a villain who loves musicals and ball room dances, when they are not robbing banks etc.
- Tell me about your best friend.
- What is your favourite insult? Why? Tell me about a time you used it and felt pretty good about it.
You probably think I’m some kind of weirdo when you read my prompts, but that’s the point of sharing, you realise you are not the only weirdo out there!
Let me know how you get on, did you enjoy writing this week?
See ya soon……