I am never in a writing slump. Never. That’s weird I know but I will literally write about anything, I’m not a choosy when it comes to subject. And due to my love of writing lists (It’s more of an addiction actually) I am never short of an idea. So today friends, here is a little list of 10 things to write about when you need some inspiration!
- Facebook status. You know the ones. The ‘..so angry right now..’ or ‘…Cant believe this has happened…’ ones. Basically the ones where someone comments asking what’s wrong and the original writer says ‘I’ll PM you babe’ Write what happened, why are they angry? What cant they believe happened?
- An entire page of swear words (If you are under 18 and reading this then obviously I don’t mean real swear words, just bad words, like mud and poo and stuff). Swearing gets out any frustration I may have and writing them down seems so naughty. You may surprise yourself with your potty mouth!
- Write about what you can smell right now, without actually saying what it is. This is more difficult than you think it’s going to be, and also more fun. So just try it ok?!
- Write about the time you spat your drink everywhere because someone made you laugh…..in a café…..on your birthday….and you sprayed everyone around you! (Based on possible true events)
- Write about the person who invented push pins for pin boards, how did they react? What made them invent it in the first place? what did their friends think? Was there anyone who thought their invention was naff? How did they spend their fortune?
- Write about an entire family who are named after breeds of dog. Tell me about Aunty Pomeranian and Uncle Bulldog etc.
- Listen to Dolly Parton’s 9-5 and write about how she gets even with her boss. Does she salt his coffee? Scribble with all his pens until they run out? Draw a moustache on his wife’s picture?
- Write the longest sentence you can that still makes sense. No full stops. None!
- The next person you see is now a main character in a short story. The next object you see is their murder weapon. Elvis Presley is the victim and your local news reader is the narrator. Will you catch them? Will they get away with it?
- You have been tasked with naming the newest paint colours. You have been told that you need to make them seem new and interesting, but placed in front of you are brown, green, black, cream, blue and grey. What will you call them? What will entice people into wanting to buy these ‘new’ shades?
This list should keep you going for a while. Remember that sometimes just the thinking process can spark an idea for something else. You don’t have to write a massive amount, sometimes I just write in my head or speak it like a dramatic Shakespearean actor. I shall leave the process up to you friends!
See you soon….